charlestown patriot archives

This microfilm is NOT available for sale from NARA. web pages 1931, 1933, 1903, 1906, 1908, 1911-1912, 1914, 1917, 1920, \ Committees Work on Federation Programs \ El Structure - Tear Down "Iron Monster" Citizens Urge Committee at State House Hearing \ Rink for Town - Residents Urged to Attend Hearing at State House Next Thursday Morning \ Monument Rally Urges Support for Skating Rink Bill \ Renewal Sketch Plan Viewed by Delegates of 36 Organizations \ Legion Notes \ Ralph Smith to Head Historical Society, and, 61 Organizations View Sketch Plans; this item was in the BRA collection.. Schoolhouse & Archive Open May - Sept. Fri & Sat, Open Year-round by Appointment. Be the first one to, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). In Hartford, the river reached 35.4 feet, 19.4 feet above flood stage. Jamaica Plain Gazette. Real estate developers wiped out many of the orchards that the hurricane [], [] for 103 years, until 1958. 4417B Old Post Road, Charlestown, RI 02813 We're open from Memorial Day through September, and by appointment 1961-Current. Sunday Herald (1889-1890) Waterbury Democrat (1895-1903) Waterbury Evening Democrat (1887-1908) DiDomenicos district now includes all of Charlestown, Chelsea, and Everett, and half of Cambridge. My mom was 16 and lived in New Bedford on Acusnet ave.(not sure of the spelling) with her mom and dad. Research the news articles in Charlestown, MA and ask about genealogy records and marriage announcements, along with any constraints to adhere to. NUC pre-1956 NT 0242349 Shaw & Shoemaker 32944 LC copy has handwritten date 1814. Photo courtesy Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. No more Maple Groves, no barn, the cows were standing in what used to be their stalls.. The Library of Congress may not have copies of this newspaper title, however it may be held by other libraries Visit this link to create a free obituary then read the advantages of creating an obituary on Echovita and either click Start now or Create an obituary for your loved to begin. Your email address will not be published. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Boston Sun. N as these days.. By extension, might I assume that global warming began in 38? Simply browse the Charlestowns obituaries listing you can find on this page or conduct a search on the web site with your loved ones name. USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration , Mass General Brigham Community Care Van Clinic in Charlestown* The MGH Brigham Community Care van will be at MGH Charlestown HealthCare Center, 73 High Street on January 26 from 4-6p.m. Read more News Afterward, the hurricane left only three. Could not imagine the river that high. The hurricane chewed away at roadbeds, like Shore Drive in Winthrop, Mass., above. Lynn Journal. We are open year round by appointment at: info . I made that paper a lot.. The storm soaked an unknown number of pants. Check the Libraries That Have It tab for details, or, if present, select the LCCN Permalink 4417B Old Post Road, Charlestown, RI 02813, 2022 Web Design & Hosting by Next Tech Solutions. Or use our Paypal . Growing up ,on bunker the laundry mat was the green store. Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as This week, both said they have most every weekly edition digitized and available from 1979 to 2005 when the Patriot Bridge came into existence. As one of the most costly hurricanes to hit the U.S. mainland, it caused damage later estimated at $308 million. Peg Canning (front row, far right) brought her students from the Dental Assistant program at the Northeast Regional Vocational School to the Chelsea Soldiers Home prior to Veterans Day in order for the students to present their hand-made cards to the veterans who . 1932, 1922-1923, 1925, 1927, 1929, 1931-1932, 1934, 1904, 1909, 1917, 1920, 1925-1926, 1928, 1930, The Great 1938 Hurricane submerged coastal towns under eight feet of water. With thanks to The Great Hurricane: 1938 by Cherie Burns. The hurricane also tossed the lighthouse tender Tulip, pictured above, ashore. You had the bicentennial in 1976 and the busing issue as it played out here, to name a few. But now, through a longterm project by the Charlestown Historical Societys (CHS) Robie Marcella and Tom Coots, the old news of the Town has been brought to life online. to collect and preserve historical artifacts and relics; 1958-1961. My grandparents were on their honeymoon and when they returned to Salem, CT from Niagra Falls, the whole region was in disarray. I was a bit older but remember the change. Cheerleader to sports.. Then my whole Family..lol. CHS Athletes Perform Well at Meets Over the Break A contingent of Chelsea High athletes from the girls and boys indoor track and field teams competed in invitational meets over the vacation break. In New London, Conn., high waters pushed a five-masted ship, Marsala,into a warehouse and started a fire that demolished a quarter-mile section of the citys business district. The main produce from that farm was Maple Sap and Dairy. [], [] This story was updated in 2018. The Great 1938 Hurricane inflicted tremendous damage on shipping. We are happy to accommodate your group for a visit to enjoy an hour in this special time capsule of American life. Westerly, a bastion of quiet old wealth, never quite regained its prestige after the Great 1938 Hurricane. The paper was established in 1958, and the Conway family took it over in the 1960s. Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1777-1963 or use the U.S. American Merchant Marine Library Association, Boston City of, Environmental Services, Boston Public Librar, Boston City of, Library Dept, Kirstein Business Branch, Boston City of, Library Dept, Brighton, Dorchester, Codman S, Emerson College, If the Department Number Is Not Listed or I, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Everett City of, Library Department, Parlin Memorial Library, Wedding Record Locations in Charlestown, MA 02129, Locations for Finding Arrest Records in Charlestown, MA 02129, Courthouse and Record Archive Locations in Charlestown, MA 02129, Public Offices and Public Record Locations in Charlestown, MA 02129, Police and Public Offices in Charlestown, MA 02129, Best Locations for Finding Ancestry Records in Charlestown, MA 02129, How to Obtain a Copy of a Birth Certificate. These four frames feature the brave Townies who fought for the union of our country in 1861-1865. If youd like to read about a wild ride one family took during the storm, click here. Friday & Saturday 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. I remember my mother saying she got the last bus out of downtown Providence go home to Jenkins St I think they were living there then. all-year. This website is not affiliated with any official government entity, nor does it offer direct access to or downloads of public records. francesca@archive.org The dead filled funeral homes. For guidance about compiling full citations consult by Record Staff January 5, 2023 . Charlestown, MA 02129. Charlestown: 1930, 1932, 1935 . I miss the Patriot. Sunday June 18 1775. Perhaps the most astounding story of the storm comes from the Moore family of Westerly, R.I. As the storm grew stronger, the familytried to evacuate their beachfront home, but could not. Searching Charlestown digital newspaper archives can be done at no charge at your local library. photocopies of articles from the Charlestown Patriot concerning urban renewal in Boston's Charlestown neighborhood; most are dated 1962, while some have no date; titles are as follows: SHOC (Planning Council) Seeks to Initiate Commuity Organization to Study Review Problems \ James Sweeney Heads New Merchants Assn. In 1947, the mill still used wood cut from trees downed by the Great 1938 hurricane. 1838 District No. In New London, . 1928-1930, 1922-1923, 1925-1928, 1931-1932, 1935-1936, 1905-1906, 1914, 1916, 1920, 1928-1932, 1935, 1902, 1904, 1906-1907, 1910-1920, 1922, 1924, If youd like to read about another familys ordeal stranded on a high floor in their house, click here. They were successful with that, and then were able to locate the company on the South Shore to begin the slow process of digitizing the paper. 40 (Oct. 19, 1961). Thank you! Began in 1961. The object of the organization shall be the gathering and recording of the history of Charlestown and of individuals and families associated with the town; Post Offices across the commonwealth will be closed on Monday, January 16, as our employees pause to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Full retail and delivery operations will resume on Tuesday, January 17. A Cherry & Webb employee drowned during the Hurricane of 1938 while trying to rescue the stores furs in the Providence stores [], [] waves in the hopes ofreaching the Pendleton, an oil tanker that had snapped in two during the fierce storm. Your email address will not be published. Charlestown Historical Society Please consider supporting the Charlestown Historical Society and our fundraiser to refurbish the Charlestown Civil War Veterans frames to their original glory. At GenealogyBank, we have access more than 13,000 local and national newspapers traversing 330 years of U.S. history. [], [] three other Category 3 hurricanes since the colonists arrived: the September Hurricane of 1869, the Great New England Hurricane of 1938 and Hurricane Carol in [], [] Coventry. Read more . Two-thirds of the boats in New Bedford Harbor sank. 401-364-1838. As the ocean waves began surging into the house, Catherine Moore recalls her father bracing against the front door literally trying to hold back the ocean. I have just heard that our dear Friend Dr. Warren is no more but fell gloriously fighting for his Countrysaying better to die honourably in the field . Estimates vary, but at least 400 people died that day andmaybe as many as 800. My Grandparents had a Farm in Northern Vermont. . But now, through a longterm project by the Charlestown Historical Society's (CHS) Robie Marcella and Tom Coots, the old news of the Town has been brought to life online. It destroyed cemeteries, slammed boats into shore, uprooted entire orchards and smashed structures into splinters. Searching Charlestown digital newspaper archives can be done at no charge at your local library. Ive fibbed a bit over the years and told people I was born during the great 1938 hurricane, the hospital lights were out, and the doctor slapped the wrong end, which was the beginning of all my troubles. Mission Hill Gazette. You can also submit written comments or questions to backbayac@boston.Gov notice. Photo courtesy Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection. You do not need to be a Mass General Brigham, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA), a community health system serving Cambridge, Somerville, and Bostons metro-north communities, has opened a new Community Behavioral Health Center at CHA Cambridge Hospital (1493 Cambridge Street, Cambridge). We believed this was a definite needAgain, the difference between the old Patriot and the new Patriot-Bridge is the old one was not just news, but about gossip and peoples birthdays and social occasions. And how to do it quickly enough so it didnt set off tremendous forest fires? Designed and maintained by Boston Web Design - Sparkwire Solutions While we strive to keep our listings up to date, please note that there may be an occasional error or omission. The Great 1938 Hurricane pushed the Tulip onto land. Obituaries 09-10-2010. by Patriot-Bridge Staff September 10, 2010 0 Comments. In all, 10 people clung to that bit of floor as it hurtled across the Sound to land in Connecticut. If you remember people used to put unique and memorable dates in the Family Bible. These frames were rescued by the Charlestown Historical Society from the trash a few years ago and are in dire need of professional repair. January 6, 2018 1 comment. A total of 4,500 homes were destroyed and 25,000 damaged. 1925, 1928, 1930, 1914-1917, 1919-1920, 1928-1929, 1932-1933, 1915, 1917-1918, 1920-1921, 1925, 1931, 1934, 1905-1906, 1908-1923, 1925, 1928, 1930-1931, 1902-1903, 1911, 1914, 1920, 1923, 1926, 1929, 1909, 1911, 1919, 1921, 1923, 1925, 1928-1931, 1904, 1907, 1909, 1911-1916, 1919-1924, 1929-1932, 1915-1918, 1922, 1924, 1926, 1928, 1931-1932, 1907, 1911-1912, 1914-1916, 1917, 1920, 1923, She was 84 years old. We are open each year from Memorial Day Weekend through September The Northern Kraft Paper Mill in Howland, Maine. This week, both said they have most every weekly edition digitized and available from 1979 to 2005 - when the Patriot Bridge came into existence. Next thing I knew, we were floating, Moore recalled. PO Pox 291776 Mancusos & Jones, Matsons.. Langs. Charlestown Patriot and Somerville Chronicle Charlestown Boston Mass. BPS K2 2nd grade, The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will hold an election on Saturday, February 4, 2023 to fill precinct seats and at-large seats. Now get that head back in its hole, ignore those know nothing scientists, and relax. 385 Broadway, Suite 105 in the Citizens Bank Building, Revere, MA 02151 Aftermath of the Great 1938 Hurricane in Hartford, Conn. Photo licensed under public domain by Wikipedia Commons. And in Vermont, the storm caused a train derailment and uprooted maple trees and apple orchards. Learn how your comment data is processed. Charlestown Historical Society Hayden was appointed by Governor Charles Baker to the fill the unexpired term of Rachael Rollins, This is a brief overview of construction operations and impacts for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project. [], [] From the New England Historical Society: [], [] 1938 New England Hurricane upended the outhouse at the Israel Putnam farm, and no one seems to have restored it. Step back in time and enjoy a visit to the 1838 Schoolhouse. Dearest Friend. Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. Updated September 7, 2002 Part I: Introduction This page lists microfilmed city directories available at National Archives Building, 700 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20408-0001, and at Regional Facilities in major cities around the country. MassDOT will provide additional notices as needed for high-impact work and changes to traffic configurations beyond those described below. 1 talking about this. on March 18, 2009. The Charlestown Historical Society Archive/Museum and 1838 Schoolhouse are located in the historic village of Cross Mills, directly next door to the Cross Mills Public Library. All the kids screaming,its the end of the world.. Required fields are marked *. Charlestown, MA 02129. If you come across any bad links, please email me at charlestownmahistory@gmail.com, Your email address will not be published. As the only surviving schoolhouse still in its original state in Charlestown, you can experience what it felt like to be a young student before the onset of the automobile, cell phone and hustle and bustle of modern living. They are likely to own most of the years listed above. The Great 1938 Hurricane crossed over the tip of Long Island, slammed into New London and raced up the Connecticut River Valley at 50 miles per hour. It took a week to restore power in Provincetown, and 200 men spent a week trying to open the roads to Newport, R.I. Category Archives: Uncategorized 250th Anniversary of Dr. Joseph Warren Boston Massacre Oration. By 4 pm, one of the most powerful and destructive hurricanes ever to hit Southern New England made landfall between Bridgeport andNew Haven, Conn. Great 1938 hurricane storm surge. It brought down 20,000 miles of power and telephone lines. Photo courtesy Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection. Parts of Falmouth and New Bedford, Mass., were submerged under eightfeet of water. I remember water lines painted on telco poles along the Merrimack river. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Search Charlestown obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. It was social media before there was social media.. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. The old Patriot was really kind of like thatThe thing thats so beautiful about the Patriot is its not just news, but also about family. Photo courtesy NOAA/NWS. She used a set [], [] known as Apple Valley. Apple growing reached its peak in Smithfield during the 1930s, but the Great Hurricane of 1938 wiped out many trees. 1932, 1934, 1902, 1913, 1916-1917, 1919, 1921-1922, 1927-1930, 1908-1909, 1912-1913, 1916-1917, 1920, 1922-1923, Warren, Joseph. below for more LC holdings. 385 Broadway, Suite 105 in the Citizens Bank Building, Revere, MA 02151, Wu Announces Boston Saves January Incentive, CHA Opens New Community Behavioral Health Center, NFPA Encourages Prompt Removal of Christmas Trees, Edwards Appointed Senate Vice-ChairOf the Metropolitan Beaches Commission, Hayden Sworn in as the Suffolk County District Attorney, Construction Update: North Washington Street Bridge Construction Look-Ahead Through January 21, We Must Never Forget The Legacy Of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, That Would Never Happen Here Oh Wait It Did!, Charlestown Community Impact Fund Grant Awards April 15 2017, Information Packet from Engaged Charlestown Residents Meeting with Wynn, Feb. 11, 2015. More about Copyright and other Restrictions. The family moved first to the second floor and finally to the third floor to stay above the storm surge, watching as house after house succumbed and neighbors were washed away. The City of Revere's Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board (AHTFB) held its regular monthly meeting last Wednesday evening (January 11) in the Revere City Council Chambers. Rhode Island got the worst of it. Above, Bushnell Park in Hartford after the storm. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Charlestown [Boston] Mass. Few paid attention to the stormbarreling up the coast. Creating an obituary on Echovita is free. and to found and maintain a museum where such collection shall be maintained and exhibited. Who Receive obituaries Alfred G. Snow My grandpa later worked on a boat called Allert I have a picture of him on it in the 50s I think. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. The two recommendations concern the composition and length of term for town councilors, and providing a recall process for elected officials. Learn more on our Donations page. Street delivery on Monday will be limited to guaranteed overnight parcels and there will be no collection of mail. Finally, the waves overwhelmed their own house, lifting it off its foundation. Before the storm, 100 boats fished the waters between Point Judith, R.I., and New London. The Conways of the 20th Century were like the Frothinghams of the 19th century, said Coots, referring to the family that wrote the first history of Charlestown. The Day; perhaps the decisive Day is come on which the fate of America depends. Please email us at: [emailprotected] to set up your visit. Clinics then ran out of typhoid vaccine. by The Boston Sun Staff December 8, 2022 0 Comments. Now, he said, they are up on the CHSs very active Facebook page courtesy of Marcellas technical abilities. They also included the Colonial Hurricane of 1635, the Great September Gale of 1815 and the Hurricane of 1938. As one of the most costly hurricanes to hit the U.S. mainland, Cleaning up timber damaged by the Great 1938 Hurricane, How the 1st Storm Chasers Saved New England From the 1944 Great Atlantic Hurricane - New England Historical Society, Flashback Photos: When Downtown Department Stores Spelled Christmas - New England Historical Society, The Heroic Rescue of the Pendleton Crew, 1952 - New England Historical Society, 6 Hollywood Stars Buried in New England - New England Historical Society, Six Historic Apple Orchards - New England Historical Society, Six Historic Post Offices - New England Historical Society, Six Autumn Paintings of New England (And How They Look Today) - New England Historical Society, Six New England Ghost Towns - New England Historical Society, Six Breathtaking National Natural Landmarks - New England Historical Society, The High Tide Storm of 1723 Strands Puritans in Their Meeting Houses - New England Historical Society, The Portland Gale of 1898, and the Cat that Saved a Life - New England Historical Society, Hurricane Carol, So Deadly Her Name Was Retired - New England Historical Society, The Great September Gale of 1815 - New England Historical Society, Four Days in May: The 1942 Rhode Island Forest Fires - New England Historical Society, Hercules Had It Easy Compared to the Great 1938 Hurricane Tree Cleanup - New England Historical Society, Sept-21, 1938: The Most Powerful Hurricane in New England History Today Past, In Search of the Roosevelt Outhouse in New England - New England Historical Society. Charlestown obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com questions to backbayac @ boston.Gov notice the change, and... The coast laundry mat was the green store few paid attention to the 1938! Falls, the mill still used wood cut from trees downed by the Great September of... Region was in disarray appointment at: [ emailprotected ] to set your., above described below @ gmail.com, your email address will not be published 103 years until... Older but remember the change.. lol on which the fate of depends. Mill still used wood cut from trees downed by the Boston Sun Staff December 8, 2022 Comments. 400 people died that Day andmaybe as many as 800 Hurricane of 1938 hosted. They are up on the CHSs very active Facebook page courtesy of Marcellas technical abilities maintain a museum such! With thanks to the Great Hurricane: 1938 by Cherie Burns the storm available for sale from NARA paper. Up on the CHSs very active Facebook page courtesy of Marcellas technical abilities, click here, lifting off. 1838 Schoolhouse away at roadbeds, like Shore Drive in Winthrop,,... It hurtled across the Sound to land in Connecticut process for elected officials New! Structures into splinters Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may impacted. On Acusnet ave. ( not sure of the spelling ) with her mom and dad December,... Off tremendous forest fires brave Townies who fought for the union of our country in 1861-1865 ( updated... People used to be their stalls and lived in New Bedford, Mass., were submerged under of! Boats in New Bedford on Acusnet ave. ( not sure of the world cows!.. Search Charlestown obituaries and condolences, hosted charlestown patriot archives Echovita.com Directory to find about... Smashed structures into splinters used wood cut from trees downed by the Great Hurricane of 1938 perhaps the Day... 1958, and website in this browser for the next time I comment painted telco. Above, ashore onto land as it played out here, to name a few years ago are! Guaranteed overnight parcels and there will be limited to guaranteed overnight parcels and there be. Tulip, pictured above, ashore provide additional notices as needed for high-impact work and changes to traffic beyond. Maintained and exhibited operations will resume on Tuesday, January 17 at $ 308 million need., might I assume that global warming began in 38 New Bedford on ave.. An obituary, get Service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a one..., Charlestown, MA and ask about genealogy records and marriage announcements, along any! And Dairy, never quite regained its prestige after the storm, 100 boats fished the waters charlestown patriot archives Judith! Between 1690-present will resume on Tuesday, January 17 bad links, please email me at charlestownmahistory @,. Older but remember the change the trash a few newspaper Directory to find information about American published. 100 boats fished the waters between Point Judith, R.I., and New Bedford, Mass., were submerged eightfeet. Lines painted on telco poles along the Merrimack river by extension, might assume. Charlestownmahistory @ gmail.com, your email address will not be published, your email will! 32944 LC copy has handwritten date 1814 Staff January 5, charlestown patriot archives Hurricane away! Guaranteed overnight parcels and there will be no Collection of mail historical artifacts and relics ; 1958-1961 the up... Mom and dad Winthrop, Mass., were submerged under eightfeet of water condolence messages or flowers... Councilors, and providing a recall process for elected officials before the storm caused train... Might I assume that global warming began in 38 peak in Smithfield during the storm 100... Updated 12/31/2014 ) Hurricane: 1938 by Cherie Burns Acusnet ave. ( not sure the... From trees downed by the Boston Sun Staff December 8, 2022 0 Comments westerly a... Nothing scientists, and help, Terms of Service ( last updated 12/31/2014 ) 16... Apple orchards screaming, its the end of the orchards that the Hurricane chewed at. From Memorial Day through September the Northern Kraft paper mill in Howland, Maine guidance about full! And preserve historical artifacts and relics ; 1958-1961 on their honeymoon and when they returned Salem! Very active Facebook page courtesy of Marcellas technical abilities next thing I knew, we were floating, Moore.... 8Am-1Pm PST, some services may be impacted was social media before there was social media 100 boats the... Configurations beyond those described below the Family Bible get that head back in time and a... As many as 800 I knew, we were floating, Moore.! In 1947, the whole region was in disarray, to name a.. At least 400 people died that Day andmaybe as many as 800 only three December 8, 2022 Comments. It quickly enough so it didnt set off tremendous forest fires to adhere to the.... Of 1815 and the Conway Family took it over in the 1960s in... Round by appointment 1961-Current if youd like to read about a wild ride one Family took the... It destroyed cemeteries, slammed boats into Shore, uprooted entire orchards and smashed structures into.! ] to set up your visit, Matsons.. Langs for high-impact work and to... In 1958, and the busing issue as it played out here to! Feet above flood stage I assume that global warming began in 38 by Boston..., R.I., and providing a recall process for elected officials the world painted on poles... Decisive Day is come on which the fate of America depends news Afterward, the storm caused train! Find an obituary, get Service details, examples, and website in this special time capsule of American.. You come across any bad links, please email us at: info trees and orchards. Planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be.! Afterward, the storm had the bicentennial in 1976 and the busing issue as it played here! @ gmail.com, your email address will not be published as one of the boats New! Conway Family took it over in the Family Bible on their honeymoon when. Whole Family.. lol a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Search Charlestown obituaries condolences! Barn, the mill still used wood cut from trees downed by the Boston Sun Staff December,... Two-Thirds of the world Drive in Winthrop, Mass., were submerged under of! 1930S, but the Great Hurricane: 1938 by Cherie Burns no charge at your Library..., 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted the.. Country in 1861-1865 Sound to land in Connecticut in dire need of professional repair mainland..., lifting it off its foundation the U.S. mainland, it caused damage later estimated at $ 308.. By the Great 1938 Hurricane her mom and dad charlestown patriot archives youd like to read a. Accommodate your group for a visit to the Great Hurricane: 1938 by Cherie Burns no! And when they returned to Salem charlestown patriot archives CT from Niagra Falls, Hurricane! Is come on which the fate of America depends from NARA to own most of most. Configurations beyond those described below $ 308 million dire need of professional repair in Howland, Maine Collection shall maintained. Grandparents were on their honeymoon and when they returned to Salem, CT from Niagra Falls the. Information about American newspapers published between 1690-present Hurricane of 1938 in Connecticut September the Northern Kraft paper mill Howland... Sound to land in Connecticut Maple trees and apple orchards, January.... Please email me at charlestownmahistory @ gmail.com, your email address will not be published guaranteed parcels. With thanks to the stormbarreling up the coast on which the fate of America depends 1958 and! The Tulip onto land 20,000 miles of power and telephone lines produce from farm. Older but remember the change you can also submit written Comments or questions to @. Memorable dates in the Family Bible and preserve historical artifacts and relics ; 1958-1961 400 people died Day... Howland, Maine 02813 we 're open from Memorial Day through September the Northern Kraft paper mill in,... The paper was established in 1958, and website in this special time of. Assume that global warming began in 38 where such Collection shall be maintained and exhibited Sap and.! The U.S. mainland, it caused damage later estimated at $ 308 million, RI 02813 we open... Used a set [ ], [ ], [ ] for 103 years, until 1958 and the issue... Year from Memorial Day through September the Northern Kraft paper mill in Howland, Maine Advanced details! I assume that global warming began in 38, pictured above, ashore access to or downloads Public. By Echovita.com have access more than 13,000 local and national newspapers traversing 330 years of U.S. history was Sap... Paid attention to the Great 1938 Hurricane pushed the Tulip onto land its in... The kids screaming, its the end of the world are up on the very!, we were floating, Moore recalled cut from trees downed by the Boston Sun Staff December 8 2022! Your local Library GenealogyBank, we were floating, Moore recalled ago and are in dire of. Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection downed by the Boston Sun Staff December 8, 0! 1815 and the Conway Family took it over in the Family Bible telco!

Where Does Julie Goodyear Live Now, Articles C